Sunday, September 6, 2015

THE THING ABOUT ENERGY

I've discovered a couple of things about energy. I can last 3 hours if I'm doing something I really enjoy. If I'm anxious or if what I'm doing doesn't promote energy then I get tired quickly.

So when my niece and family came to visit I was afraid if I drove to see them that I might be too tired to drive home. Driving in the city does make me anxious and after 3 hours my lack of concentration would make it dangerous for me to drive.

Since she has small children I suggested they come to where I live and we'd go to the local bird sanctuary. Her kids are 3 (almost 4) and 18 months. When my kids were that age, many eons ago, visiting the ducks and geese was a favourite activity.

We had our picnic, walked the trails for about 1 1/2 hours and then had a snack before leaving to go back to our respective accommodations. We even got a nice picture! Although it was a windy day and my hair tends to be flyaway when it's first washed. I definitely need to get a copy of Photoshop to fix stuff like that.


I like this photo best cause little Audrey is such a clown. Very well behaved children though. It was my first time meeting them. 

I was feeling a bit worn out when I first got home so just read and watched some TV. I'm also hooked on a couple of Facebook games. Last night I slept for a full 12 hours. Today I'm feeling a lack of energy but not totally zonked out. I've been working on entering data into my genealogy program, which is a nice quiet thing to do. 

Last night for dinner I had stuffed green peppers. Last time I made them I had some filling left that I froze in individual servings so it was a quick and easy dinner to make. The recipe I use I can't share because it's from a published book Creative Cooking for Renal Diets from the Cleveland Clinic Foundation. 


It was written by a dietician who also has PKD. While I like a lot of her recipes I do question ones, anywhere, where the recipe contains, in particular, potatoes or tomatoes. This stuffed green pepper recipe does have no sodium added tomato chunks. But it's delicious. My daughter loves it. She just puts some Salsa on top to add to the flavour. This book is available on Amazon along with a lot of others that look interesting. 



No comments:

Post a Comment